Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Uh...WEIRD! I've Got That Taken Care Of, Thanks.

September 11, 2006 - Monday



Current mood: weird
Category: Life

So, what Im about to disclose to you will probably not surprise you, for, I am married now, and this route is common among married couples.


Are you ready?

I take birth control pills. Okay, its out. My husband and I have a full house and plus, Bellevue is too expensive to have three kids. Two is the limit. Okay, honestly, we would love to have a baby, but I need to work right now and we really need a bigger placeand you have to be an almost-millionaire to have any sort of a house.

And.now its time to share with you a strange happening that happened yesterday evening, as it so happens. ( I wish I was cool enough to write like Dr. Seuss. That would be the most oddliest of things to have ever have happened here, there and everywhere..) .[Dont worry, I think Im done with that.] Jeepers! Word.doc HATES my newly discovered verbs and adverbs and despises my wonderfully random writing styles. You should see all the GREEN and RED squigglies all over the page! Arrrgh! No appreciation whatSOevEr!! ya, you had better Red-line it! It tried to change my whatSOevER into whatsoever without my permission.

Last night while at Safeway, I left Josh and the boys to shop for groceries and ran next door to the drug store to fill my prescription. So the weird, nerdy guy came up to the drop-off window, took one look at me and said, Well hey there! Its been a while since Ive seen you! I was just thinking that seems like its been over 30 days since youve been in!

Uh..What? Have I talked to this guy before? Have I even seen this him before? Those of you that work with me in the coffee biz totally know how long it takes for me to recognize customers, so you and I really arent that shocked if Ive seen him before and didnt remember him. BUT COME ON! ..

Ooooh! I gasp in my mind, is he keeping track of my menstrual cycle? (Im still asking this in my mind. At this point, my mouth was rambling on into a normal conversationwell, somewhat normal, you know, keeping cool under the awkwardness of it all.)

Seconds after his concern that it had been more than 30days since Ive been in (and it hasnt! I he would be a better stalker, he would know that I was on time. And it was exactly 28 days. MAN! Hes a cruddy stalker!), he leaned on the desk-kind of like that classic nerdy pose from movies in the 80s where they would kind of half smile, rest one leg coolly on a nearby step, lay one arm across his bending knee and almost, but not quite, wink at you in that charming sort of bad 80s movie way, and began asking me questions on how I was personally doing

Now, I dont want to jump to conclusions, but ladies, I think you might know that look and how you suddenly freak-out inside while you smile politely, change the subject and say, Oh, I need to gouh, okay.um thanks. KBYE! And you rush out the door.

My husband and I came back to pick up my prescription, and it was the same guy to ring us up. Josh said that the guy was really weird.

FINE ! as in finish (I think).

8:21 PM - 4 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove


Who Does God think He Is, anyways? *wink!

Isaiah 46 (NLT)

Babylons False Gods

1The idols of Babylon, Bel and Nebo, are being hauled away on ox carts. But look! The beasts are staggering under the weight! 2Both the idols and the ones carrying them are bowed down. The gods cannot protect the people, and the people cannot protect the gods. They go off into captivity together.
3"Listen to me, all you who are left in Israel. I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. 4I will be your God throughout your lifetime--until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

5"To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal? 6Some people pour out their silver and gold and hire a craftsman to make a god from it. Then they bow down and worship it! 7They carry it around on their shoulders, and when they set it down, it stays there. It cannot even move! And when someone prays to it, there is no answer. It has no power to get anyone out of trouble.

8"Do not forget this, you guilty ones. 9And do not forget the things I have done throughout history. For I am God--I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like me. 10Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh...that's who He Is. I think I'm gonna keep listening.

Stay tuned for another day in the life of ME. I have a good one from yesterday. I'll write it tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home