Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Excuse YOU!

August 25, 2006 - Friday



Current mood: amused
Category: News and Politics

So, I was summoned for the first time, to Jury Duty.
Here is part of what the letter said:

"Congratulations: Jury service is one of the fundamental rights, privileges, and duties of participation in a democratic society..."

It's almost like I won a prize or something, but not a prize as big as Publisher's Clearing House.

Actually, I guess my prize has not monatary value, but it's value is a privilege...it is a right that I have....but to be honest, when they say "duty," it's kinda not all that privileged anymore. Oh...I guess there is some monatary value: $10 per day. Only, it would be more like (at the minimum) $10 per hour for childcare, which would then put me about $40 bucks per day, in the big RED hole, and I was summoned for at least a week, so ya. If I viewed it as a privilege at this point in time (while I am a full-time mommy/part time barista while they're in school) I guess I could say that I would be $300 screwed-over-but-honored to follow through with my duty.

But I'm not that kind of girl. My family and $300 is way more important than sitting all day long, trying not to fall asleep in front of a judge. He would find me guilty for snooz'n on the job!

"GUILTY! and get her out of mY SIGHT!" ordered the Judge.

My letter proving that I am worthy of exemption must have been written really well (or maybe they're easy!) cuz they emailed me back saying that I was excused from duty! It makes me so proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home