Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Snake Smells

August 24, 2006 - Thursday



Current mood: discontent
Category: Life

The Snake smells really bad today! I even have its cage pretty much hidden by one of those cute divider wooden wall things, that has three slabs of dark wood with four 8 by 11 photo frames on each panel, that displaying pictures of the wedding, AND STILL, the snake's poop smell is wafting (spell check?) up and over into the living room!

I think the kids are right, we should let Snake go free at the Stinky Lake, just like we did with our smelly ol' hamster. "Stinky Lake": that's not it's real name, it's actually the Slough near the blueberry farm off of Bellevue Way...but it does get kind of stinky off and on, and is filled with masquitos!

You know what's weird--besides that I have a pet snake? The manager of our apartments is the one that gave it to us! She fed it and took care of a couple of baby snakes, and when they were big enough to swallow mice on their own without her having to pull the mouse apart into tiny pieces...(GROSS!) she asked Josh if he and the kids wanted a snake.

During last winter, we kept getting these phantom snake poop smells in our bedroom and the hall closet. Josh checked for Snake's poop (cuz he got loose quite a few times) in both places, but there wasn't any. So we asked our apartment manager if her snake happened to get loose. She said yes--she doesn't have her snake anymore. Well, that explains it. Her snake must have pooped in between the walls of our apartment, and when it gets heated up, we are reminded of the snake's great escape.

**I guess Snake just finished digesting his meal that I fed him last week. Do you get how gross this is?

I'm totally grossed out! Looks like Daddy gets to clean Snake's cage tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home