Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Son, The Salesman.

September 27, 2006 - Wednesday



Category: Life

My oldest son is apparently an entrepreneur. Ya, true story! I had no idea that he was in the business of, apparently, retail.

Awe yes, parenting is truly an adventure, you never know whats just around the corner. I found out today from Shanes 7yr old friend that he had brought some money to school to purchase some of Justins merchandise.

Months ago we had bought one of those backgammon games that was Lord of the Rings themed. Well, the game pieces were gold and silver rings that looked like the one Froto was carrying around. Two problems: ..1. That game is too hard for kids and not worth the time and effort of figuring out how to play for Josh and I. ..2. The gold rings were made to look old and tarnished which, unfortunately, made them look the same color as the sliver pieces. You had to bring the ring up to eye level in order to distinguish between the two colors. So, we told the kids that they could keep a few of the rings to play with.

Weeeeelllll, every morning this week I have seen Justin wearing a couple of the rings around his thumb while eating breakfast. I thought that he was just playing with them. The mornings are busy so I dont have that much time to ponder much or even sit down long enough to eat a piece of toast. So I guess Justin was getting the rings and taking them two at a time to school to either sell for a dollar each to his friends or they were also exchangeable for a piece of chocolate, of course, cuz gold and chocolate are going at the same rate these days.

Anyways, so I talked to Josh about what was going on. I thought that first off, those rings werent his to sell in the first place without asking for permission, and second, I would hope that if Justins friend really wanted something of his that Justin would just have a kind and generous heart and give it to his friend.

BUT

When it was time for our nightly prayers, Justin recognized on his own that the problem with his business plan was that a greedy heart was driving it. His heart distracted him away from showing kindness to his friends and simply sharing what he had instead of trying to get a bargain. What a great kid! I hadnt even thought of it like that. I guess thats just God directing Justins heart, because God is a genius and knows ALL of our hearts intentions.

Duh!! It was greed!! Hello---Im just as guilty. I do the same thing probably all the time. So I guess that God is teaching our entire family a few things about our hearts.
Thats nice.


**Justin is not going to get in trouble, but instead, Josh and I are going to praise him for praying to God and listening to Gods guidance and repenting for his greedy intentions. I know Justin has learned from this experience, and thats all that we as parents want to see---see our children learn from mistakes and have grace on others when they make mistakes also.


Bye.

Oh!! AND..... This Sunday (Oct 1st) is our one year anniversary. cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home