Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Monday, July 17, 2006

Ouch!!! I'm tired of pain!!

Current mood: content
Category: Religion and Philosophy

Last night showed that I am weak when I am lost in concern for my body. I pray daily and my husband prays ten times more! My parents pray as well as people in the church for my healing.

Last night I laid awake for several hours in agony of my spirit. It is true that for the third week in a row, I am unable to sleep because of a ruthless and burning torture within the muscles of my back. I am not a preacher, but I am a listener. And this morning I must repent for accusing my Lord (again) for even the slightest of a thought that perhaps I am either being punished or am cursed.

Some of you know, and most dont, that my body is stricken with pain and discomfort. Hold on! I am NOT wanting your sympathy, but I am craving courage that my God will set me free. Yes, YES! Ive heard it all preached to me that God is all powerful and all merciful and will heal my body. I know that He will, for is it not promised to all that He will give to us new bodies?
We, too, wait anxiously for that day when God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us. Romans 8:23
But unfortunately (as far as my mind can see), God does not promise that He will heal me in this life. It is quite possible that all these pains that I live with, will possibly be with which I die with.

Is God punishing me? Of course not! For I have been forgiven. If it were not so, would I currently be concerned with Gods nature and will? No. If I was unconcerned and not seeking God about these things, (for I am to seek Him in ALL things), I would obviously not believe in God (so why would I have cause to be angry at Him when He doesnt exist?), furthermore, I would be suffering for (my) unbelief in Jesus death and miraculous resurrection from the cross, meaning that I would be unSAVED, and unFORGIVEN. For it was Gods plan to come down to earth in the form as our bodies (human) to walk this earth, to experience all that we have: sadness, temptation, thirst, hunger, cold, and even death (even I have obviously not experienced the latter). But because that I am SAVED and FORGIVEN, for I do believe the ministry of Jesus Christ, I know that I am not being punished. If I am to believe that God sent His Son (God in human flesh) to die even while I was not a believer and denied Him several times, then I would be nothing more than the greatest fool to not see the EVIDENCE of Gods Mercy, Grace, and Love for me and all of mankind. So, with that said, those non-believers prove themselves to be the greater fool to proclaim in anger and frustration that God is punishing them, when they dont even believe in His existence! If then dont believe, then they lack all knowledge of Gods ways. For who is there so wise to counsel God? NONE!

I have established that God is not punishing me. So, why am I to have peace and joy and to be grateful to God for this body when it brings upon me such pain? Because God made my body perfectly to His design. How am I to respectfully accuse my Maker that He was flawed in His design? I cannot, for that lacks all respect, am I not right?
To the contrary, I have noticed that perhaps my bodys imperfections have humbly brought me into obedience, and others around me, with Gods will. God says to seek Him first and in all things, and in all honesty, if I lacked all needs, then why would I need God? My ailments have certainly kept me in obedience to prayer! But my Lord has been faithful to work within my obedient heart, giving me more strength and understanding, as He leads me into prayer for other things as well. His Spirit, which is His helper inside all that accept Jesus and believe, is developed and shaped while I ask God for His help and understanding and while I repent and ask forgiveness. Gods will for my life exceeds the boundaries of my pain and suffering, and I become Gods tool to work on His behalf for others, whether through my prayers, words of encouragement, poems, or physical service. (Or through jokes, for sometimes I am pretty funny!)Oh lighten up! Im just kidding!

So although during a heart-felt moment with God, I accused Him of punishmentstripping Him of His obvious love and concern for me, and yet, He still loves me just as much, and was more than willing to answer my cries of depression last night. For truly, His Words are active and living, even while they were written thousands of years ago. God showed me His faithfulness and shared His heart with me again.

18Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will give us later. 19For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. 20Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse. 21All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. 22For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23And even we Christians, although we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, also groan to be released from pain and suffering. We, too, wait anxiously for that day when God will give us our full rights as his children, including the new bodies he has promised us. 24Now that we are saved, we eagerly look forward to this freedom. For if you already have something, you don't need to hope for it. 25But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently. ~Romans 8:18-25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home