Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Monday, May 22, 2006

"B" For "Bandana"

Sunday, April 23, 2006



Current mood: shocked
Category: Life

Oh My GOSH!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
I can't believe that I witnessed someone acting like this, IN BELLEVUE!! Are there Bellevue gangs? Or perhaps he was from Renton or Seattle...but Bellevue?

I was walking out of my work which happens to be acros a bus center...uh, I mean transit center. NOw just to start off with, I am NOT by ANY means racist, so please don't get offended. If he was white, I would say he was a stupid white kid without a clue. But in this case he was a stupid, scrawny black kid, probably around 16yrs of age. It's hard to tell though. I can only go by his scrawniness and voice, and I know his voice wasn't his "real" voice, but more than likely his cool-tough-guy voice. On which he is totally and utterly deceiving himself cuz he sounds very uncool, and almost like just maybe, he's trying to re-visit his puberty-altering-high pitch voice, unstable with every other spoken word. Yes, very UN-COOL and UN-TOUGH.

Okay, enough with the intro, am I right? Sorry for the tone I'm setting, but I guess I'm just shocked.

So srawny-not-so-tough black kid (S.N.S.T.B.K. for short) was standing outside my work waiting for his bus, I assume. A bus had just pulled up to the stop to let off people and this tall white guy with large guaged hoops in his ears and a black bandana covering his head, at least 3 times bigger than Mr. S.N.S.T.B.K., walked off and passed by me and then pass S.N.S.T.B.K.. Now S.N.S.T.B.K. got all worked up and shouted in a really high pitched and annoying voice at the tall guy. Mr. S.N.S.T.B.K. shouted, "Hey man, you better take it off fu!! what the **** you think you do'n whearing that bandana?? TAKE IT OFF!!" Again, I must remind you to think of a really annoying high pitched male voice. Tall guy (has already passed him) turns around to face Mr. you-know-who and says, "What are you talking about?" Mind you, tall white guy is so shocked and is looking at S.N.S.T.B.K. with a look of absolute un-belief. So S.N.S.T.B.K. continues to tell tall white guy to take it off his head. And here it comes, perhaps the best part of this story, his reasoning behind such a high demand, " You better take it off NOW FU, cuz I don't know where you get that, but that's MY HOOD'S, man! Take it OFF NOW motha ******! It's my HOOD'S!!" Tall white guy responds, "Uh, i've been whearing this since I was a little kid." Turns around and continues on his way with S.N.S.T.B.K. yelling after him, while looking around him like he was gonna catch sympathy from the rest of the people standing around waiting for the bus.

Although this has taken minutes to read my babblings,the event happened in all but a few moments. When S.N.S.T.B.K. first began his whining, I just so happened to be walking right past his back and said, "you're stupid." Probably not the best thing to do, but he didn't hear me anyways. Now if I had actually gotten to talk to him, I wouldn't have been so rude, but I would have questioned his "hood's" rights to the black bandana. I would have asked if his Hood made/invented the black bandana and if so, why did they sell the rights to Walmart and every other drug store so that any white person could have bought the item for their little son to where, not knowing that inevitably, their son, 25 yrs later, would offend an un-cool 16yr old black kid whose Hood who exclusively had the right to whear the black bandana. Now, that last sentence was really long, and I don't know if it made that much sense, but I don't have time to edit this blog cuz my husband just started a movie and I am to watch it with him.

Perhaps I've been to hard on S.N.S.T.B.K., but on the other hand, ANYONE who literally WASTES any MOMENT OF THEIR LIFE getting offended over the black bandana is on a road leading them to always "be the victim" and to never take responsibility for their actions, blaming everyone else for their pain and "suffering" growing and floundaring in anger and hatred, utterly unaccepting to anyone outside of his Hood!

**sorry that utterly was used a billion times, but I kind of like it today. Usually I don't like the word. Weird, huh?


The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home