Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Monday, May 22, 2006

I Miss You

Current mood: gloomy

So, do you ever go back and reminisce (holy cow! I actually spelled that word correct the first time! SIMPLY AMAZING!) about your college days, or your younger years. Ha! I can say younger years, cuz Im 26 ½ now! It seems like its been at least three, maybe even four years since Ive been out of school, but apparently, I graduated in 2004. Weird, eh? Anyways, I had some really awesome friends. Sometimes things get weird for absolutely CHILDISH reasons and you become distant, and then sometimes you just really suck at keeping in touchor maybe they do. Although, maybe it was intentional cuz they were only friends to get help with homework. OR you just graduated before them, which makes it REALLY easy, so it seems, to lose touch, because your world is entirely different once outside of the campus walls. And for those still in school are simple only in the school world, and its really difficult for them to reach outside of classes, homework, part-time jobs and what-not to their friends who have moved away. Plus, college students cant really afford gas (especially right now 3.15/gallon or more)shoot! Many students dont even own a car!

Its really amazing when you are able to make really close friends, and really devastating to lose them! no longer able to share their life, their thoughts, their fears and their joys with them. And no longer are you able to share your new life with them. With girls, thats a big one! Especially when you always talked about the kind of guy you want to marry, how many kids you want to have, and where you want to live.especially then, you miss it when they are not around.

Hey, remember those friends that turned out to be really weird? Those are the ones youre glad to lose touch with. Especially if you lived with em. Some relationships are in fact, really healthy to say good-bye to. But I think there has only been one relationship like that from college, in fact, in all my life so far, that Im relieved to finally have gone. The rest, I miss. I really miss.

*One of the most precious friends that I miss: Rebekah
*One of the most fun ones Ive had: Jessica (What happened to you? Both Kristin Lie and I miss you so very much!)
*And a group of my other loved ones: Pete, Janelle, Andrea, Danielle, there are more, and not all of these have I completely lost contact with, but the after-college days really have made it hard.

**The good news, my old roommate, Mackenzie, and I have gotten in touch again, almost 2 years later and I am so very glad! So who knows, right?

God moves in mysterious ways! And if Ive hurt any of these truly wonderful people, then I am truly and am regretfully sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home