Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington

I was inspired to start a blog by one of my friends...who became my best friend...and then became my husband! I sometimes write poetry and thought that it would look nicer on a blog than scribbled in my notebook. Eh-HEM...And more about me....I love God and try my best to love those around me. It isn't always easy, but hey! God knows, right?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

But it looked so Good!!


I wanted it. I got it. I questioned it. I got a "promotion." Was I enjoying it? I waited............Oh....I'm still waiting, hold on.

I'm thinking. Supervisor? I'm training. I'm still questioning. I pray. I'm thinking I just need an attitude adjustment. Attitude a bit better. I'm afraid that I'm still not enjoying it.

I'm still praying.

Unexpected phone call. A new offer. Answer to prayer? Really, God? I'm pondering. Confirmation. Confirmation, again. And then a "not" confirmation on Sunday. I don't trust someone's advice. I shrug it off. God, I'm listening to You. I'm dancing (swing dancing, in fact)...(But not very well). A stranger apologizes, saying he's sorry that he missed the pleasure of dancing with me. I wink at my friend. I chuckle. Friend tells stranger not to worry, becuase I'm unpleasurable to dance with. I laugh. (It's true).

Stranger doesn't believe my friend. Stranger talks about my 'thing' that I've been praying about. Confirmed, again.

ALRIGHT! I think I'm in. The new offer could be just perfect for me.

Still praying.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow! how Freak'n cool am I, commenting to my own blog?.....

So this is my first blog EVER written. I was working full time at a clothing store, but feeling really depressed about it.An 8hour shift felt like 5 days without a break, and I wasn't sure if it was because it was time for me to work elsewere, or if I just needed a new attitude. So, I kept praying.

Starbucks was really interesting me--it had been for a few years, actually--and so I started to pursue. But I had no idea how soon my life was going to completely change. I kept praying and kept hearing many good things about Starbucks. I interviewed at three places--it was looking good. The store that I interviewed at second, was my favorite. The manager was really nice and I had a really great first impression--not so much with the other managers. BUT, there weren't too many hours open yet (or something) cuz they were still waiting to see if their customers were going to increase.

I was swing dancing with my friend, Josh Foreman, when I randomly talked to a stranger who worked for Starbucks.

...7 months later, Josh Foreman is my husband. :)

AFter about 3 months, I was really needing to get out of my job, looking at my near future being Josh's wife, plus full-time mommy to his two young boys, and randomly called Starbucks back. Turns out there was the perfect amount of hours open, not to mention the most awesome people to work with and work for.

Answer to prayer.

11/21/05

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home